In the fall of 2016, I taught a 95-student lecture class on introductory psychology and neuroscience titled “Psychology as a Natural Science.” The syllabus is posted here.
The course used several innovations:
- Skype Interviews with professional psychologists
- Smartphone-based response system for in-class questions (Top Hat)
- Slack channel for sharing related news and asking questions
- Mid-course pedagogy adjustments based on class surveys and rapid exam reviews
- Project-based learning through video-based group project
- Commissioned “neuron song” to help students study for the midterm